Most of us use our shoulders for several movements a day, even when we don’t realize it. From putting on your seatbelt to using a mouse to lifting weights, your shoulder joint and its surrounding soft tissues are typically engaged.
Because we rely so heavily on a functioning shoulder, they can quickly become injured for numerous reasons.
In this post, we go over the following:
- Why you have shoulder pain
- How to help prevent shoulder pain
- At-home remedies for shoulder pain relief
- Chiropractic solutions to treat shoulder pain
- And more
If you’re experiencing shoulder pain, there are natural solutions to help your injury heal; read on to learn all about them and how you can help avoid joint and tissue imbalances.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
The shoulder is a dynamic joint with a significant range of motion and flexibility. When it shows signs of pain or motion loss, our routine can quickly become compromised.
Common reasons you may experience shoulder pain include:
- Rotator cuff injury
- Frozen shoulder
- Disc herniation
- Sprains and strains
- Pinched nerve
- Mental stress and anxiety
Whether you sit at a desk all day or play basketball for a living, your shoulder may encounter dysfunction, so getting the proper treatment is important to your lifestyle.
Patients who may suffer from shoulder pain include:
- Those who regularly play throwing sports or racquet sports
- Active people
- Those in a traumatic event, such as a car or sports accident
- People with habitual poor movement patterns involving the shoulder
- Those with a chronic injury within the shoulder or elsewhere that’s affecting the shoulder’s proper function
- Aging adults or those with severe wear and tear
Seeking chiropractic services when your shoulder stops moving comfortably is a great first line of defense for care. Chiropractors offer safe, effective, and natural solutions that treat the injury, and they provide valuable insight to help prevent further damage or re-injury.
Getting Natural Relief for Shoulder Pain At Home
If you’ve injured yourself and need quick pain relief at home but don’t want to run to the medicine cabinet, there are a few chiropractic-approved solutions to try.
Tips to promote shoulder comfort and safe healing at home include:
- Apply ice to the shoulder immediately after you’ve injured it; this will reduce swelling and inflammation
- After the inflammation is controlled, apply heat to the shoulder to reduce pressures on soft tissues and nurture relaxation
- Take any pressure off the shoulder
- Gently massage and stretch the shoulder
These tips can reduce your shoulder discomfort; however, stop and speak to your chiropractor if any movement heightens your pain.
Your pain may be causing you incredible discomfort, but responsible and lasting relief is closer than you think.
Visit Our Miami Chiropractic Clinic for Should Pain Relief
Our Miami chiropractor provides chiropractic services that get to the root of the pain. Using a comprehensive approach to care, you’ll get a full body analysis providing details on how our team can best support you.
We offer several effective methods to treat shoulder pain, including:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- The Activator Method
- Manual traction
- Corrective exercises
- And more
We can find the optimal in-clinic wellness strategy and combine it with guidance regarding lifestyle, posture, exercise, and more to enhance your results and keep your body safe. It’s important to note that the stronger your body is, the better it can support you and react to imbalances and healing.
If you’ve previously had a shoulder injury, be sure to take care of your shoulder to reduce your chances of re-injury.
Tips to help avoid shoulder pain and injury include:
- Rest your shoulder and discontinue activities that aggravate your pain
- Correct your posture
- Use proper lifting techniques and motion patterns
- Stretch and exercise the shoulders and neck
- Warm-up and cool down before and after working out
- Ensure you have an ergonomically correct workstation setup
- When your shoulder hurts, don’t mask it with pain medication, but seek chiropractic care to ensure you get the right treatment for the injury
We know shoulder pain can be debilitating and cause stress; our team is confident we can be of benefit.